How to Get Past a Bad Relationship & Date Again
When you’re an SSBBW there can be many challenges when having a relationship. Often you’re not happy with yourself, which is reinforced by your awful ex. Yet most women want to have a happy and healthy relationship regardless of whether they are SSBBW or not. It’s possible to get past a bad relationship and start dating again.
Take these steps to help you on your road to happiness.
1. Put unkind words behind you. Just because someone says something doesn’t make it true. Try and put all the negative comments past you. When a relationship ends, people get caught up in that moment and then regret what they say afterwards. You have to turn off the tiny voice in your head that says you aren’t good enough to date.
2. Make minor changes. You may always be an SSBBW, but you can still look fabulous. Buy yourself a new outfit, add some jewelry, a new purse, or some shoes. You can also get your hair or nails done. Make a pact with yourself to make changes that are achievable.
3. Take a course. Many high schools and colleges offer night courses for adults. You can take one at a time, instead of an entire program. It can be about anything, but will give you a chance to get out for an afternoon, or perhaps even one evening a week for a few months. You’ll have a chance to make new friends, and it’ll take your mind off the stressful things in life.
4. Keep your children in the loop. It’s all right to let your kids know that you’re ready for dating. They may be upset as you’re no longer with their dad, so you must help them understand that you’re lonely, and it would be good for them to have two parents. But don’t introduce them to any of your dates until you are into the serious relationship phase—it’s not fair to your kids to become attached to a parade of “dates” only to have them disappear because it didn’t work out for the two of you.
5. Avoid discussing past relationships. When you’re out on a first or second date with someone you met through an online dating site, they’ll be curious as to why you’re no longer with your ex. It’s fine to discuss it briefly, but don’t try to be overly negative. Don’t give your date an opportunity to figure out what is wrong with you. Give your brief answer, and then move onto a more positive topic.
The only thing more difficult than a past bad relationship is trying to find the right person for your life. But it can be done through online SSBBW dating sites. On these sites, SSBBW singles can meet single men. It may simply be for SSBBW dating or to find a lifetime partner.
With a few steps, you’ll be able to put that past relationship behind you and get back to finding someone perfect to date.